- 2 large uncooked potatoes (cut into 16 long wedges each)
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place oven rack on top third of oven and preheat to 400F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Place potatoes on prepared cookie sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat evenly. Spread potatoes into an even layer, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of salt and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and turn potatoes and sprinkle this side with remaining 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Return to oven and bake until golden brown (another 15-20 minutes) Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and serve. Yields about 8 fries per serving.