Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolutions

New Year. New Start. 2011 is going to be the year I actually reach my goals. I'm doing it differently this time. I have enlisted the help of friends and so far they have made a big impact on my resolve to continue toward my goal. Jeannine, Wendy and I have challenged each other to drop 20 lbs by April 2nd, exactly 12 weeks from when we started. That's an averages of 1.66 lbs per week. Totally doable, but will require hard work and unwavering dedication.

When you hear about people who transform their bodies and lose weight they all say the same thing. "This time it was a lifestyle change." Well, this needs to be MY lifestyle change. I am focusing really hard on meeting my 20 lb goal, but more importantly incorporating healthy habits that lead up to that coveted lifestyle change. It's not going to be easy, but I am certain it will be worth it.

My lifestyle change will include eating the right foods, exercising, and getting enough sleep. I am going to put a lot of focus on those 3 things so that on days when the scale isn't my friend, I can at least find comfort in the fact that I am making progress in other areas.

I plan to update this blog at least once a week to report my progress and more often when I feel so inclined. I want to document my lifestyle change. I want to write the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of weight loss and keep myself motivated to see my goals through. So get ready, world. I'm comin' and I gonna show up skinny.

2 comments: