Wednesday, January 19, 2011

That wonderful monthy visit

People wonder whether or not gaining weight when you are about to start your period. I did a little online research and found that most of it is water retention and drinking lots of water and avoiding salt can minimize the weight gain. Uh . . . OK? What about my monster appetite and crabby mood that can only be cured with CHOCOLATE?! (and anything deep fried) For me I think the combination of craving (and then eating) horrible foods and retaining water make a pretty sizable difference in my weight. We aren't talking 1-2 pounds here. I end up gaining around 6 pounds. Thankfully it usually drops right back down once I am a few days into my period and not crampy, crabby, and starving.

Thanks again mother nature. I get to feel crampy, irritable, bloated and FAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment