Sunday, January 23, 2011

Too soon for a setback!

Uh, Hello? Didn't I just barely start my diet? Yep. And yet here I am blogging about my frustrating setbacks. Already. This does not bode well for future success. I started to get a little too comfortable with my progress so far and allowed myself to get a little too lazy. My son had a birthday and I used that as an excuse to pig out! I didn't even think about portion control. So this week was an epic FAIL!

Now I can let myself become frustrated over this experience or I can look at is as a mere speed bump in my road to success. I can't think of my journey to my weight loss goal as a linear coarse. I will have ups and downs on the scale. Sure. I didn't think I would have them this early, but I suppose now is as good a time as any to take what I can learn from it and give a better effort in the week to come.

Some things that hinder my progress are:
  • Lack of Meal Planning
  • Waiting too long to eat
  • Not having healthy snacks to curb hunger
Some things that help me succeed are:
  • Eating several small meals a day
  • Planning ahead and packing lunches for work
  • Eating breakfast!
  • Having a well stocked fridge
I need to stick to my healthy goals and recognize the things that help as well as hinder my progress. Weekends are hard for me to stick to my diet. A large part of the reason for that is not having a meal planned out and then waiting until I am too hungry to cook. That's when I hit up the drive-thru. Not eating breakfast contributes to that as well. I HATE grocery shopping and then when I run out of healthy fresh produce, I don't eat as well. I eat far too much processed and sugary foods when I am running low on other things. I need to stay ahead of the game and make sure I get my groceries.

Goal for this week: Plan out 5 days worth of meals, buy some groceries, exercise 3 times, and get 8 hours of sleep at least 4 times this week. That seems reasonable. Hopefully my next post will be a more positive one!

1 comment: