Monday, February 28, 2011

Stagnant

The excitement of the diet has completely worn off and I am trying desperately to reignite the spark that got me going in the first place. On the plus side, I get told all the time how I am looking great. (From people who don't even know I have been dieting!) It never gets old to hear that your hard work is actually paying off. My original goal was to lose 20 pounds from my very highest weight. I achieved that and moved to my next goal which was to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I achieved that and now I just don't really want to do it anymore. The problem is, that my goal NEEDS to be to optimize my health. That is a never-ending goal. That is something that will keep me focused on healthy eating and exercise habits I need to keep that in mind.

My real reason for losing weight at all was to get as healthy as possible so I could get pregnant again. I guess I was just hoping I would be pregnant by now. Since I am not, I need to keep working on my next goal. Optimizing my health. I still have some weight to shed and an additional goal would be to lose 20 pounds from when I started this year instead of what my highest weight was. (So losing 30 pounds instead of 20.)

I guess I still have a ways to go, I just feel down that life never seems to happen the way I want it to. But, I suppose it always turns out the way I need it to. I shouldn't complain. I have a lot to feel grateful for. And the biggest thing I am grateful for right now is the support! I wouldn't have reached the goals I have reached without the continued support of those around me. It's been great.

1 comment:

  1. You do look amazing!

    And maybe another goal is just what you need to keep your mind off pregnancy. It could give you something to actively do, which is good. It helped for me <3

    ReplyDelete