Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Run for your LIFE!

I need to keep my interest in this health routine so to do that I merely add to my list of goals. A long time goal of mine that I have never achieved is running a 5k. I am NOT a runner and think every damn step is miserable so it's no surprise that I have never accomplished this goal. Well, I better put on my runnin' shoes, cuz I'm gonna do it this time! I am starting the Couch to 5K program, which is exactly what I need. My sister wants to run the Race for the Cure 5K on her birthday. That is in less than 2 months so I gotta get running! (She did say she might change her mind about running on her birthday and choose a different 5K in June for us to run together. Either way, I gotta get up and get going.)

I have a few friends who are running addicts. I wish I was like that, but I just really hate it. One friend in particular always says "Run for your life!" Which has both the urgency and health benefiting connotations to it. I like it. I might steal it. Oh wait, I already did :)

Mark your calendars and come cheer us on, or run with us at the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on May 7th! More info here: http://www.komenslc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment