Monday, November 5, 2012

Day one

Day one went fairly well. My baby forced my out of bed LONG before I was ready to get up, 5:00! So I made the most of my early morning and exercised for 30 minutes.

My awesome husband made me a yummy breakfast of scrambled egg whites, veggies and a whole wheat English muffin.

Then I started my 13 hour shift at work. This is usually the hardest place to maintain my diet. I work at a pharmacy inside a grocery store for 13 hours. The pharmacy happens to be located right next to the junk food and soda isle. So all day I'm staring at all the things I should have. What makes it worse is that some of my coworkers eat nothing but junk food. I tend to eat the worst at work. This will be a real challenge to see if I can maintain a healthy diet with these obstacles to overcome.

I planned ahead and knew exactly what I would be eating and when, so today ended up being a complete success! But, if I can't be successful on day 1, then I won't be successful at all.

I read a quote today that struck a chord with me. "There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as a life in between." -Pat Riley

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote. Proud of you Rachelle. Planning ahead is the way to go, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete